Irritated by Education Documents?
In education, the desire to stay up-to-date with technological conveniences – such as providing online access to forms and other education documents – can clash with budget realities.
You're urged to "do more with less" – improve staff efficiency while maintaining a high level of service for students. On top of all that, you still have to comply with government reporting requirements or generate education documents to achieve or maintain accreditation.
Document automation software provides any organization – from preschool to higher education, public or private – the ability to generate customized education related documents on-demand. However, even if you find the money in the budget, you need to consider those other "hidden" costs, like implementation time and the learning curve.
Education Documents simplified
Whether you are creating a simple, one-page letter or longer, more complex reports, Docmosis can help you with:
- Student reports
- Class schedules
- Acceptance letters
- Curriculum catalogs
- Student records
- Research results
- ... and much more.
Docmosis is a method of generating documents based on templates.
The driving goal when designing Docmosis was the desire to create templates using tools that people already know, like: Microsoft Word or LibreOffice.
Being able to create templates using these well known and richly featured editors means that simple tasks like:
- Specifying Page Size and Orientation
- Setting Font, Font-Size, Bold, Italic, Underline, Text Colour
- Creating Numbered and/or Bullet Lists
- Creating Headers and Footers
- Adding Page Numbering and Table of Contents
- Inserting Tables and Images
can be accomplished using features that people are already familiar with. This significantly reduces the time needed to learn a new tool.
A Docmosis template is just a normal Microsoft Word or LibreOffice document. The template contains the static, unchanging portions of your document, and any dynamic content that may change – such as names, grades, comments, and so forth – can be represented with easy-to-construct placeholders, as shown below:
Examples: <<firstName>>, <<subjectGrade>>, <<teacherComment>>
When you generate an education document from the template, Docmosis replaces the placeholders with the data relevant to the recipient of the document.
The Docmosis placeholders can be used to:
- Insert text or images into the: body; headers and footers
- Inject repeating data in to tables, bullet lists and numbered lists
- Modify formatting during document generation based on the data
- Conditionally add or remove any content
- Dynamically insert images, barcodes or watermarking
- Perform calculations and format numbers and dates
- and much more...
Education specific FEATURES
One of the most useful Docmosis features, when generating education documents, is the ability to easily format and display tabular data.
Docmosis handles with ease the trickier parts of alignment in tables, such as ticks and crosses or percentages and numbers with decimal points. Supported table formatting features, such as shaded rows and varying border thicknesses, make tables easier to read and more attractive.
The end result is that generated documents are more likely to be correctly structured which in turn reduces risk and enhances compliance.
PROVEN Education Document Generation
Docmosis is used in eduation in many different ways, such as the University of Toronto's Student Information System, the Ohio State University's Division of Human Genetics, and by government departments like the The Education Department of Western Australia to produce student reports for all the public state schools.
Benefits of Docmosis
With Docmosis you will:
- Have a low learning curve - templates are created using editors you already know
- Appreciate the simple placeholder syntax that is easy-to-construct and understand
- Save time creating the content and formatting of new documents
- Save time updating and editing documents when they change
- Be able to distribute the work between technical and non-technical staff
Our core document generation engine has been engineered to give robust and impressive performance with the ability to output 1000's of pages per minute.
Docmosis has developed a suite of products that can generate documents from templates, but what starts the process?
The software that initiates or drives the document generation process could be a:
- Simple Web Form or WebApp
- Custom Software Application (Java / .NET / PHP / Ruby / ...)
- Enterprise System (CRM / ERP / ...)
- Mobile App
- Legacy Software System (via REST)
The main difference between the Docmosis products is how to connect or integrate them with your software.
Find out more from our Products page.
Free Trial All Features plus Support
Our free trials give you access to a fully functional version of our products.
Extend your trial at any time if you need longer to evaluate.
You'll be able to tell very quickly if Docmosis is the right tool for your needs.
Alternatively, feel free to contact us with any specific questions or document examples and we will be happy to advise if Docmosis is the right solution for you.